Mid Week Break

 Time whizzed by the past few weeks, suddenly it's 2nd last week of March. 


One module down. One more finishing this week. Two more modules to complete before practicum starts.


I never felt so accomplished in such a short period of time. Completed an interview, a play experience, wrote a group assignment, 2 individual assignments, finished my part of another group assignment which is going to be due next week. There is also a group presentation next Monday. Completed one online quiz and an online in class observation assignment the past 2 Mondays respectively.


There is really a lot to learn about child development. 


I only knew about Montessori because my kindergarten adopted the Montessori method. Now I know there are so many theorists on child development. People like John Locke, Froebel, Jean Jacques Rousseau, Piaget, Lev Vygotsky, McMillian sisters, John Dewey..... 


I wondered who were the Chinese theorists. We only know Confucius, but who were the ones that were teaching kids?? For books catering to kids, we only have dizigui 弟子规, sanzijing 三字经, xiaoeryu 小儿语 but I really have no idea who taught kids. Let me know if you know okay. 


I should have taken this course earlier, really. So interesting. Anyway, I have an upcoming assignment on feeding. I ever prepared milk for my younger siblings but that was more than 2 decades ago. LOL! Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to being a Student again

New Beginnings

Vesak Day 2023